Thursday, June 3, 2010

Checking In...

It's our first week of summer now that Daddy is done with work and we've been filling our time with lots of cuddles, tickles and LOTS of reading.  Unfortunately McGee has had a 101 fever the last couple of days (Miss Em had this last week) so he's been a bit more whiny, needy and lethargic, but oh so sweet.  He looks at me with his half open eyes, strokes my cheek and says, "Mommy, are you okay?"




I was super excited when I checked my email Tuesday morning to find out that I won the photography scholarship contest on Brooke Snow's blog - thank you ALL who voted for me!  I can't wait to participate in her upcoming photography workshop and continue improving my photography skills.

Saturday morning I'll be attending the local I Heart Faces Photowalk along with my friend Lisa.  I'm not sure exactly what to expect but am looking forward to a few hours with fellow photo buffs and the opportunity to talk shop.

Once again Costco did a great job of customer service today.  Last month I purchased a new Gateway computer package for them and I've been LOVING having a computer with more power, speed and most importantly SPACE!  Unfortunately, the monitor had a few areas with dead pixels and although it's not usually allowed, they let me just swap out my defective monitor with one from a new package so I didn't have to go through the HUGE hassle of transitioning to a new computer again.  You don't really think about it, but it takes a lot of time to transfer files, upload software, download protective software, etc. when you get a new computer.  Thank you Costco!
So that's what has been going on here - what has been going on with all of you?

4 comments:

  1. We got to tour the Titanic exhibit when it was in Vegas. IT WAS HUMBLING! We were able to see so many of the original belongings and items pulled from the ocean floor. At the beginning we were each given a ticket with a name of a person who actually were on the ship. At the end you found out if you survived and what class you were in. It also had a huge wall of ice that dared you to hold your hand on it for 30 seconds to see how cold the water was. The entire experience was heartbreaking and that ice was sooooo painful!

    Congrats on your win! I wish I could join you on your Photowalk. Sounds like SO MUCH FUN!
    Green with envy over here! GREEN I TELL YA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your win!! :) I was wondering if you had won!! :)
    Sorry to hear about your kiddos though. Hope they are on the mend soon so you can start enjoying your summer more. Has your sweet husband found another position for next year? I can't remember if you said so.

    I'm going to check out the titanic facts now :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome you won the contest!!! I had never been on her blog before but went on and voted for you and liked it a lot. I can't wait to hear about what you learn!! Do you have to travel to one of her workshops, or can you do one online? Sounds so fun! The photowalk sounds great too; I need to do more stuff like that! Sorry to hear McGee isn't feeling well :( What a sweet boy though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAH!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!

    Sorry that your sweet babies have been so sick.

    I REALLY wanted to do that photowalk and just should have! Next time, I suppose :).

    ReplyDelete