Monday, June 7, 2010

Not Me! Monday



I completely forgot today was Monday, so I'm a bit late with my "Not Me! Monday".  Or should I say I DIDN'T completely forget what day of the week it is??  Hee Hee.  Okay so as most of you regular readers know, this blog carnival was created by MckMama and you can read what she and other have NOT been doing over here.

As for me, well my weeks always seem to be full of many "Not Me!" moments! :)  Don't forget you can always click on the photo to see it larger.

 - When I pulled Miss Em's dresser forward I did NOT find all of this hiding behind it!  Amidst the lego pieces, sunscreen, headbands, Desitin, toys and cd from Chick-fil-A, I certainly did NOT find a hard as a rock portion of cheesestick.  Yuck!  Definitely NOT me!



  -  Enjoying a nice evening out front while Daddy was cutting the lawns, I did NOT ask the kids to give each other a hug and their "hug" did NOT appear more like McGee was trying to choke Miss Em.

And there's NO WAY this rough house loving girl actually seemed to find it funny!

 - In the same evening when I asked McGee for a smile, THIS was NOT the sweet, lovely smile I received instead:

 - Miss Em did NOT dress like a '70s hippie and defy the establishment by giving Mommy and the camera "the finger".



 - Trying to get my son to his first big parade was NOT difficult.  This deep scowl does NOT sum up his feelings about having to go:



  - That frown was NOT quickly replaced with these smiles of joy once the firetrucks started driving by and candy started flying into the street for him to grab up!



 - My funny little entertainer of a daughter did NOT growl and "Roar!" while making these strange faces at one of the parade groups


 - My hometown's fun-loving annual parade was NOT a huge political ad for a major Measure regarding a proposed housing and resort development that seems to have split the small town in two very divisive groups.  My sister and I were NOT amazed at how big this controversy is and how it seemed every home in my parent's neighborhood had a sign either for or against this measure on the ballot tomorrow.  Even the dogs were brought into the fight!  Sidenote: The guy driving the little black convertible was NOT Daddy's and my high school driver's ed teacher and Daddy's high school baseball coach.


 - I am NOT shamelessly plugging this little beauty, my niece, as the most beautiful baby at the parade!  Uh, uh, NOT me!


 - My dad did NOT recently have knee surgery and this is NOT what healthy skin looks like after recovering from a nasty infection and nearly two weeks in the hospital.  I did NOT throw this pic in here today because I wanted it recorded but didn't know what other post it might fit into.  Nope, NOT me!


 - Lastly, my daughter does NOT regularly try to stand on her head, regardless of hard, hard cement.  NOT her!

I hope your week is starting out great - mine has been filled with joy thus far and I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the week has in store!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! That knee!! Quite a memorable pic. Love them all (well, don't exactly love the knee one). I really like the deep scowl. It's my fav. Hope you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the choking one. My favorite! :) This was an awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you my faithful readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK... is it bad the the "finger" image is my favorite??? Made me laugh out loud!! LOL!! Hope your dad continues to heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not bad at all Shannon! I honestly love it too - cracks me up! Thank you for the well wishes for my dad.

    ReplyDelete