Monday, August 3, 2009

Pet Peeves

While I was cleaning our kitchen and dining room floors tonight and thinking of the many other chores still undone (the joys of returning from vacation), I was thinking about how much I despise cleaning the stovetop. As I spritzed the cleaner and pushed my terry cloth mop on my wonderful laminate floors, I started thinking of the chores I like the least and things that just bug me, my pet peeves, and how I should start adding a pet peeve at the bottom of my blog post weekly or something like that. Can you tell I was in a bit of a negative state of mind, badly needing an attitude adjustment?

Well as soon as this thought completed itself in my mind, the Lord reminded me how blessed I am that I have and can cook for my babies on that stove. That the reason it needs cleaning is not some conspiracy to thwart any plans of relaxation I had or to be a thorn in my side, but because it was used in preparing sustenance for myself and my family. Furthermore, the Lord reminded me that my husband cooked dinner tonight, and how blessed I am to have a man that loves his family and enjoys sharing the cooking in our family.

What other responsibilities do I take for granted and think of as burdens or pet peeves that are actually things that I should be grateful and appreciative for? Are there things you take for granted and underappreciate the significance of?

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely right on Mindy :) I find myself being reminded of the same things. I "grrr" at the stained carpets I just cleaned, but am thankful to have a place to live...

    Happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely right on Mindy :) I find myself being reminded of the same things. I "grrr" at the stained carpets I just cleaned, but am thankful to have a place to live...

    Happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete