Monday, October 11, 2010

I should write...

I should write, I know I should, but I don't have the energy tonight and my heart is too heavy processing a friend's loss.  There are many things I should be doing right now, but instead I think I may go veg in front of the tv or maybe just head to bed. 

Tonight is Miss Em's first time going to Grandma and Grandpa's for an overnighter all by herself.  I feared (and selfishly hoped - just a tad) that my baby would cling to me, but she was so, so excited to go and I'm thankful she has this opportunity.  I actually just got off the phone with my mom and Miss Em has been blessed to enjoy the evening with all FOUR of her grandparents loving on her and her alone.  She was in bed asleep, but the grandparents were just getting ready to enjoy some ice cream.  Daddy and I are so blessed our parents not only get along with one another, they are friends and family through and through.

I had fun with the kiddos and my camera one night last week before dinner and here is what we came up with:





5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. You are truly blessed, to be true. Sorry to hear about your friend's loss. Hugs. He is close to the broken hearted. Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. I'm sure you're hugging them a bit tighter today like I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures; I agree with Heather - I am holding my kids tighter today too. What a big girl to go sleepover at her grandparents! My kids haven't done that yet, but it would be hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - hugging them for sure lots more today. MomBrose and Jaimie - if you end up seeing Gwyne and Ivan anytime soon - please give them a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for your friend's loss. I will keep her/them in my prayers.

    I recall Yaya's first sleepover at my parents. I was worried too and I couldn't wait for them to call me I had to call them and check in on her. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete