Saturday, February 6, 2010

Showering Baby (and Mama)

What a special day it was a couple of weeks ago - a day to shower my sister and soon-to-be niece with love, laughter, food, family and of course, lots of little baby gifts!  Michelle is my older sister and this is her first baby, a precious little girl who we expect to bless this world February 17th.  Here's a little recap from the baby shower my cousin Amy and I threw and held at my parent's house:

The food...a delicious brunch buffet of potatoes casserole, baked french toast, chile egg strata, fresh fruit, and breads.  Amy put together a cute basket full of decorated baby foot shaped sugar cookies as favors.

Three generations of Gengler women

Clothes line full of personalized burp cloths, onesies I embellished (with help from my friend Alicia) and pink and brown washcloths.

Playing a game

So many incredible women in our family

Auntie El and Great Grandma - stunning beauty that shines from within!

The pool table FULL of gifts for Baby Skye
(sidenote:  I'm pretty sure my love for photography came from my dad, notice the wall of incredible photos of his from the United States on the wall behind the gifts.  On another wall is an amazing collection of his photos from Europe)

Michelle's very own Baumshell Nursing Cover (it's reversible too with a smaller more geometric pattern on the back)

Michelle had lots of help from little hands in opening her gifts

The extraordinary Princess Cakes from Ettores

As I was  putting together this post Miss Em kept coming over and saying excitedly, "Auntie Michelle, Auntie Michelle"!  She LOVES her Auntie Michelle so much!


Such a fun day - we can't wait to meet you Baby Skye!

1 comment:

  1. so cute! I love the clothesline :D Good job on the onesies :D

    ReplyDelete