Monday, January 25, 2010

Not Me! Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

 Have you missed reading about my (and my kids') embarrassing or outrageous mishaps?  We've still be doing plenty of interesting things, but I haven't had much time to write them all down and post about them.  Here are just a few quick "Not Me! Moments" to share this week:

-  It wasn't me who attempted to put the milk away in the pantry, instead of the refrigerator.  Thankfully my husband caught my brainless mistake.

 - I did NOT cry my way through another old episode of Third Watch and have my husband look over at me, smile sweetly and pat my leg.  He knows and loves me for the big cry-baby that I am.

 - I did NOT stay up until nearly 2am watching tv and waiting for a load of laundry to dry so I could fold them.  Nope, I am NOT that type A about wrinkled laundry that I would sacrifice my sleep to make sure a load of laundry doesn't sit in the dryer overnight.  On a side note: I definitely need to clean my lint trap and see if that helps the dryer work faster, or maybe put in smaller loads, because that load took over 2 hours to dry!

- At my sister's baby shower, it wasn't me who in an attempt to move the lovely cake to the buffet so we could serve the food first, smashed the corner of the cake with my finger.  I didn't even lick my finger - I promise!

 - I did NOT find a bag of mini-marshmallows in my children's play kitchen.  I do NOT know who the culprit was...


- I did NOT confess over the phone to my husband that I have a warped expectation that I should be the perfect 1950's housewife, with a perfectly clean house and looking all dolled up and beautiful when he returns home from work.  Even though this rarely (if ever) happens, I explained to him I always feel bad when he gets home and I haven't even showered yet or changed out of my pajamas.  He did NOT say in response, "Why?  You still are always cute and looking great, you just may not smell good."  :)

Hope you have a fabulous week and don't forget to enter my giveaway!

3 comments:

  1. I love your husband's response! That's awesome! Oh, and I put the milk in the FREEZER yesterday so you are in good company :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I thought it was a pretty sweet and funny response. :) SO glad I'm not the only one with those mindless moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, K. is so sweet! And honest :) No matter what...we women always find something to beat ourselves up over!

    ReplyDelete