Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Squeeze Me, Please Me

WARNING: VIEWING MAY CAUSE A SPIKE IN CHOLESTEROL AND BLOOD PRESSURE AND A GROWL IN YOUR TUMMY

Yesterday my sister, mom, McGee and I had the chance to go and experience a famous burger called the "Squeeze Burger", actually you order the "Squeeze with cheese, please". We saw these burgers featured on Guy Fieri's Food Network show "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" a couple of years ago and when we had the chance to go ourselves, we jumped at it!


It is this tiny little orange shack with only enough seats (barstools) for about 10 people. We were fortunate to arrive early enough to get the last 3 barstools and not have to wait the customary LONG wait times. The service was pleasant and CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN - we saw this one gal wash her hands about every two minutes!



Waiting patiently

I believe the way they make the burger so outstanding is by piling an outrageous amount of cheese on top of the burger, then adding a couple of pieces of ice around it and putting a cover over it to steam the cheese and make it crispy on the edges, they call this the cheese "skirt". I could have just eaten the skirt it was so delicious!


The burger itself was good, but really it was all about the cheese. I can't believe I experienced this cheese haven before my husband, who loves cheese almost as as I love chocolate. McGee enjoyed it as well and ate a good portion of Grandma's and Auntie Michelle's I think.


They also give you a lot of fries, but really, we were there for the burger. In fact, we had most of our fries leftover and my mom took them hoping she'd see a homeless person to offer them too. As we walked around the block to our car (parking is impossible near the shack) she spotted a man sitting on the curb with some garbage bags, she was all ready to offer him the fries when my sis and I stopped her and said, "No, he's not homeless." She was about to argue because of the garbage bags when a city service truck pulled up and picked the guy up. Wonder what his reaction would have been to this nice lady offering him leftover fries for lunch? :)

2 comments:

  1. YUM! maybe we will go there today? cross my fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greta post.... the cheese skirt made me hungry....lol

    ReplyDelete