What a little girl you are becoming, growing up and leaving Mommy's baby behind! You're three years old and just started preschool a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't sure how it was all going to turn out because you wouldn't let go of me during the "Meet the Teacher" and wasn't the friendliest to your new teachers or classmates either, but the next day when it was time to drop you off you did just fine and when I picked you up your were SO full of joy from all the fun you had! Drop-offs haven't always been that easy thus far, but I know you are loving preschool and am so thankful you are having the opportunity to go. Your friends Jackson, Corden and Brooklyn are in your class and I'm excited that you're getting a chance to make new friends with the rest of your classmates. I love seeing how excited and proud you are when you tell someone you're going to preschool - it's adorable and makes me so glad we decided to send you!
First Day of School:
Here are some tidbits about you I don't want to forget:
Book - "The Mommy Book", "The More We Get Together", and one of mommy's old books, "Dos & Don'ts"
Cartoon - "Olivia", "The Wonder Pets", "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse"
Movie - "Strawberry Shortcake", "Beauty & the Beast", "The Little Mermaid"
Past time - anything involving music - singing and dancing especially!, playing in water - you love floating in the bathtub, rocking with mommy in the glider, cuddling with your Baby Monkey, playing with play-doh, putting together puzzles, playing with your new shopping cart and Princess cash register, you absolutely LOVE swinging and taught yourself how to do it all by yourself just a month or so ago and boy do you get high!
Food - fruit (blueberries, strawberries, peaches, pineapple...you love it all!), pizza, peanut butter & jelly, broccoli, and unfortunately you've inherited your mother's sweet tooth so anything with chocolate you LOVE and pretty much anything else that's sweet.
Lovies - Baby Monkey (the blue-clothed monkey Grandpa John gave you after you lost "Baby" the blue puppy he also gave you), a hot pink/brown/green/turquoise striped fleece blanket and a pink/yellow striped blanket from Auntie Michelle. You are fully attached to Baby Monkey, but are happy with any of your many cuddly blankets.
Some of our favorite things about you...
- your goofy and hilarious sense of humor, you keep us cracking up with your physical comedy and off the wall comments
- your cuddly side, you are such a wonderful snuggler and mommy really appreciates you allowing me extra cuddles with my baby
- I love that you are such a fantastic sleeper and can sleep in well just like me! Last week you woke up early, came and climbed in bed with me and went back to sleep for a couple more hours and I loved every minute of it! Now we'll see how great this turns out this next week as we start having to wake up earlier to get McGee to kindergarten...
- your loving and tender side, this is sometimes outweighed by your spunky side, but you can be so tender and compassionate towards others and especially so with animals
- we LOVE your sweet singing voice and watching you dance when you don't think anyone is looking, it's so innocent and carefree - just beautiful!
We love you so much our little Miss Em! Thank you for being you - I can't wait to see all that you do this year.