A new version of "Not Me! Monday" for the record books (aka blog):
- Miss Em is did NOT start surprising us with her presence after learning to climb out of the crib. She is NOT now moved into a nice little toddler bed!
- It WASN'T my son who I found at 6 am in the dining room eating the last of the chocolate silk pie straight out of the pie plate! His response when I walked half-asleep into the room wasn't an excited, "Hey mom guess what?! This chocolate cake is making my coughing ALL better!" Nope, it WOULDN'T be my kid who would wake up when everyone else is still asleep, sneak out to the fridge and eat the last of that delicious pie! And the tell-tale sign that woke me up? It couldn't have been just the fact that I heard his very loud humidifer get just a notch louder when his door opened and it took me a few minutes to actually get myself out of bed to see what he was up to when I didn't hear him going to the bathroom.
- Only about 45 minutes later it WASN'T my two children whom Daddy found munching on cold leftover piggie-in-a-blankets and donut holes and sitting in front of the television. NOPE, our kids DON'T sometimes act like they own this place and can do whatever they want. In fact, McGee HASN'T been overheard saying, "You know, God says we should do whatever we want to do." Uh-uh, NOT my child!
- Miss Em has NOT moved from her crib to a toddler bed and immediately exploited her freedom doing the above and going into her brother's room early in the morning to wake him. What is this I've heard about kids who won't get out of bed until their mother comes to get them??? NOT here, and I seriously mean NOT here. :( When I tried to tell her not to wake her brother up McGee's response to me WASN'T, "But mom, I like when she comes and wakes me up, I want her to do it!"
- This image is NOT what I saw as I peeked in at Miss Em last night:
- And yes, she has already fallen out of bed a couple of times, but it hasn't woken her yet. :)
- Miss Em was NOT found hauling water in a plastic toy shovel from the bathroom outside. There were NOT drips of water everywhere to the point that not a drop of water ever actually made it outside. I WASN'T at least a tiny bit glad that at least she'd obeyed me when I said not to turn on the hose.
- My poor fair little Miss Em did NOT get a sunburn on her face thanks to her mommy forgetting to think about any sunscreen and having her spending a few hours out in the sun. Mommy did NOT just think it was a red face from the heat of running around...and was super sad/guilty when the red face stuck around overnight.
- These are NOT a few of my new favorite images taken that day we had fun in the sun: