Monday, January 24, 2011

Good Day Sunshine

I posted today on my 365 blog about our foggy mornings and sunny afternoons.  Did you notice I now have a link on the right sidebar that will take you to my 365 blog?  

After coming home from preschool and having lunch, we enjoyed some racing and hide-n-seek in the backyard before moving inside and the kids decided to wad up old grocery ads and make a "fire" in the fireplace.  McGee has actually been quite intrigued lately with fire as he's been asking to take his friend Jared up to his Papa's so they can help him burn (he burns brush and such in the back property) and now he's building a fire in our house.  They were quite disappointed when Mommy refused to actually light their fire though.  I explained it would be pretty dangerous, especially considering we have never once had a fire in our fireplace in the 8 1/2 years we have lived here.  I think, in fact, that we have had a number of birds that live in our chimney as we hear random tweets now and then.



Guess who played in the sandbox at preschool today?


I'm trying to give McGee a day a week out of quiet time where we can have some one-on-one time while Miss Em naps.  I had a sink FULL of dishes I needed to do so he colored and drew a fabulous rocket and bow and arrow while I cleaned up the dishes (and took pictures) then we put together a small Lego set and finished by working on a dinosaur puzzle. 


My little ham!





I helped him start the puzzle with about 10 pieces then left him to finish it up (which he said he couldn't do) - boy was he proud when he called to me to come see he had finished the puzzle all by himself!




On a side note I just have to tell you, I LOVE the song "One More Day" by Diamond Rio.  I remember crying every time I heard it on the radio after 9/11 (unfortunately that was often on the 5 fwy on my way to work when we lived in Southern CA - had to do a little make-up touch-up before heading up to the office).  This song touches me as I think of the ones I love and the possibility of ever being separated from them.  If you haven't heard it before, I suggest to have some tissues handy.  Also this is the first time I've ever imbedded a video on my blog so hopefully it works.



1 comment:

  1. Great post as always! It is so funny how they get stuck on different things. That is funny he is interested in fire! I hope we get to do that on Thurs! I will have to watch the video later! ~Raeane =)

    ReplyDelete