Monday, November 8, 2010

40 Years Together

Happy 40th Anniversary to my wonderful in-laws!

This past Saturday we hosted a celebration in honor of Gary and Linda (Mom & Dad) and their 40 years of marriage.  

{THEN}



{NOW}


We invited the nearest family and a few friends who have been close throughout most of their marriage (we're missing the Vogeli's in this photo - and myself, the photographer, although please forgive this snapshot photo).


Their sons and their families - think they might have been overwhelmed at receiving 5 grandbabies in 5 years?!


Miss Em loving on Joshie


It was such a nice time of being together and hearing stories from people about Gary and Linda and testimonies about the impact they, their relationship with Christ and their marriage to one another have made on those around them.  In their 40 years of marriage they have endured MANY ups and downs, seasons of joy and seasons of sorrow, health struggles for each of them, the near death of my father-in-law 15 years ago and near death of my brother-in-law 13 years ago.  I'm blessed to say I have felt a part of their family from my first Italian dinner at their home in January 1995 and have seen firsthand their steady, unwavering faith and strength in Christ and love for each other.  Their marriage is an inspiration and a shining example of lifelong commitment and I am so thankful the Lord blessed me with such amazing 2nd parents!  

Happy 40th Anniversary Mom & Dad!
Love, Me :)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful weekend you had celebrating anniversaries and babies! Cin Cin and Salute to your in-laws!

    ReplyDelete