Friday, August 13, 2010

Project 52 - Week 30

I just posted this for my Project 52 this week on my other blog, but thought I should share this special family moment here as well.
 ...............................................................................................................................

This past weekend the kids and I joined lots of our family on our "family campout," but sadly Daddy couldn't join us because he had to get his classroom and everything ready for school to start Tuesday (he JUST found out he had a job & classroom on Wednesday).

It was the first time camping for the kids and McGee's first time fishing as well.  While I knew it was important and necessary for Daddy to be home and working, it was still a bit sad that he couldn't be here for this important "first".  The fishing "first" was especially important I thought because Daddy used to love to fish and that was a big part of our courtship (he proposed on a "supposed" fishing trip)!

How surprised were we when Daddy showed up just as we began fishing?!  Here is McGee as he turned to see who was there...

SURPRISE!

Daddy was only able to stay for a few hours before taking the 2 hour drive back home, but what a memory this was for us all!

1 comment: