MckMama posted a short "Not Me! Monday" today and a link so I thought I'd join in once again.
- Today I did NOT completely break down crying in the hall after dropping McGee off at his first Vacation Bible School. After thinking all weekend how this would be the first time I would be dropping him off somewhere and leaving the grounds (versus being just in another room as in church or Mom's Group), I did NOT get overwhelmed with emotion standing there watching him enter a room where I didn't recognize any of the other children (the class next to his ended up being the one with all of his friends in it). I was NOT standing there worrying he might get scared not knowing anyone or wondering, "What if his feelings get hurt?" I went around the corner to an empty hallway and tried to get myself under control. Miss Em, who I was holding, did NOT ask, "Why are you laughing Mommy?" Poor girl was just a wee bit confused. I did NOT head down the hallway feeling stronger only to burst into tears again when I came across a couple of friends. They must have thought I was a bit off my rocker. Well Miss Em and I did NOT cope with my emotions the best way I know how...calling my mom and having some retail therapy at Target...for 2.5 hours! (Actually I ran into a few friends there so we chatted for awhile). The only thing missing was chocolate, but I did NOT quickly remedy that by buying some chocolate covered Caramel Granola Bars and opening the box before even paying at the cash register, NOPE, NOT ME!
- The required "first day of school (or VBS)" picture, taken afterwards because I did NOT forget beforehand!
- McGee did NOT have a fantastic time and prove I had nothing to worry about!
- We did NOT take some fun pictures together afterwards, at McGee's request!
- Miss Em is NOT the cutest little girl in the world - especially NOT when she has pigtails!
- Afterwards we did NOT celebrate by heading to McDonald's, a place we infrequently frequent, with many other kids from VBS. I did NOT completely let go and order McGee his first "Happy Meal" with chocolate milk and then even get him an ice cream cone afterwards. He did NOT enjoy it with relish!
- This was NOT the face he was making while waiting for his food...
- Oh and completely unrelated to the rest of this post, I have NOT started reading the book that we're supposed to read for my book club tomorrow night....guess I better get off the Internet and dive into Francine Rivers' "Lineage of Grace"!