Monday, May 17, 2010

Not Me! Monday


I think I may have missed the last week (maybe two) of Not Me! Mondays, but MckMama is back today with it so I thought I'd join in again too!  This blog carnival was started by MckMama by her desire to admit some of her imperfections and reveal a few moments she’d rather forget.  Here is how our week shaped up.


 - I did NOT feed my children dinner then take them over to a friend's house and let them proceed to eat fruit leather, Otter Pops, fruit snacks, tortilla soup and fruit sorbet for dessert.  All of this fruit (and sugar) did NOT lead McGee to ask to go home moments before throwing up all of the food above.  Mommy's should know better and I should have realized he was eating too much.

 -  While attending my brother's beach wedding, I did NOT forget to tell Daddy to bring Em's hat and cardigan to protect her from the sun (he was the one getting her ready and meeting me at the wedding), nor did I forget to think of covering the kids (and us) in a bit of sunscreen.

 -  I did NOT take this picture after realizing it was probably the FIRST time since having Miss Em that I've actually fixed dinner, set the table AND served the food from the table (vs. our typical serve up from the stove style).  That's more than TWO YEARS that we haven't had a "true" sit-down, family style dinner for just the four of us (we've done it for company and family get-togethers).  Martha Stewart, June Cleaver...these women I am definitely NOT, but I was still a little bit happy and proud when I looked at our table and thought for a tiny, tiny moment, "Today I've been a good mom and wife!"

  
 - Just this morning I have NOT, once again, undertaken a challenge to lose 10 lbs.  This is NOT something I've attempted many times in the last few months only to fail.  I am NOT (hopefully) properly motivated this time with a girls day shopping trip overnighter to the city with my mom as a reward.  Check back in with me in a month or so to see how I'm doing.  

By the way, I have NOT had a little pity-party for myself already today lamenting over how unfair it is that I keep wanting to workout and lose weight only to be sidelined by feeling crummy from allergies and migraines.  I know in my head that working out and eating healthier will most likely help me feel better, but it's so hard to think about jumping around to a workout video or running when it feels like someone is taking a jack hammer to my head and I'm on the verge of tears from the pain (even after 2 Excedrin Migraine pills and Claritin).   Enough complaining already!  I'm off now to attempt to take a cough-free nap (I'd appreciate any prayers to get rid of McGee's and my coughs) while the kids are down and hopefully wake up sans migraine.

Wishing you a fabulous, allergy and migraine free week!

No comments:

Post a Comment