Monday, November 9, 2009

Lethargic

Do you know what lethargic means? I do - it means ME! At least how I feel today. I woke up congested and achy and with no energy. For the first time I just curled up on the couch for a bit this morning while the kids played and tried to keep myself awake. Usually I'm running around the house DOING something. Fortunately the house and laundry were cleaned over the weekend and Daddy made dinner. I did get dressed to go to the library, but put my jammie pants back on when we came home and have skipped a shower for the entire day. This lethargic state I'm in does NOT mean the kids have been neglected though, they have just been read to ALOT and we've done more low-energy things like coloring and my personal favorite...cuddling. So despite feeling crummy it's actually been a wonderful day.

I have some pictures from over the weekend I should share and many posts and pictures from the past I should post, but I don't have the energy to try and decide which pics to post and in what order so you're just going to get my rambling tonight. Actually McGee and Miss Em said some things today that I thought were cute and wanted to document, so here goes.

I have a habit (I'm SURE it has been learned from my mom)of making up lyrics to songs when I don't know the words or even just changing the lyrics to suit me or making up entirely NEW songs that are often just silly. Well I have passed this along to my son.

- Mid-morning McGee asked me to turn on his light in his room, then once I opened the blinds (to a cloudy day), I turned his light back off. He then began singing over and over, "It's not bright in my room anymore, it's not bright in my room, no it's not bright in my room anymore, it's not bright in my room."

- Tonight before dinner McGee came up to me and said, "Mommy, I'm hunting for treasure." "Oh yeah? What kind of treasure?" I say. "Uh...keys." he says. Of course - my key-obsessed boy would be hunting with keys as his treasure. Then he said, "Mommy do you want to hunt for treasure with me?" To which I replied, "Sure." There is a song he learned as a snack-time prayer at Mom's Connection nursery class that goes, "Thank you, thank you Jesus. Thank you, thank you Jesus, thank you, thank you Jesus in my heart! Thank you, thank you Jesus. Thank you, thank you Jesus, thank you, thank you Jesus in my heart, amen." Well tonight he sang a little different song to the same tune, "We're hunt-er-ing for treasure, we're hunt-er-ing for treasure, we're hunt-er-ing for treasure yes we are! We're hunt-er-ing for treasure, we're hunt-er-ing for treasure, we're hunt-er-ing for treasure yes we are."

Earlier today after coming home from the library I had said he could have a treat before nap. Of course he was getting tired and whining so I said, "Whiny boys don't get treats, so please stop whining." His quick reply, "Whiny boys DON'T get treats, but if I laugh then laughing little boys DO get treats."

Finally tonight at bedtime we heard the most precious words from our Miss Em. After our story it was time to pray. We asked McGee and Em to put their hands together so we can pray and next thing we know she clasped her hands together, bowed her head and said clear as (and sweet as) can be, "Dear Jesus. Amen." Ahhh...Miss Em's very first prayer! Short and sweet, just like her (unless you take something away from her - then you have to watch out)! :)

Hoping tomorrow brings me more energy and blessings to everyone! Goodnight.

1 comment: