Thursday, July 9, 2009

Growing Up Is Hard to Do

My poor little McGee, over the last month or so we have had a few nights where he has woken up crying and consumed with pain...in his knees! Our little guy is growing up, I noticed this the other night as he stood in his underwear on the toilet brushing his teeth. All of a sudden my baby had morphed into this little boy, with a long, little boy torso and skinny legs.

These nighttime bouts of pain are hard to suffer through, knowing that the growth is necessary for him to thrive, but wishing the pain didn't have to be a part of it. It gives me a slight bit of insight as to how the Lord must feel when he sees us suffering, whether a result of our own actions or not. As James says, "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." - James 1:12. Now that I'm older and a bit wiser (still under debate I'm sure), I can look back over my life and the rough patches in the road and despite the pain, sadness or struggle I was going through at that time, I can see where good came out of it. I can see where I learned, about myself, about the Lord and his provision, I can see when I GREW. I hope McGee won't have to endure too many of these painful nights, but I am pleased knowing his body is doing what it should, it is stretching, getting stronger and GROWING.

No comments:

Post a Comment