Friday, January 23, 2009

To Serve and Protect (and have lots of fun!)

My little Myles has found his calling... a motorcycle cop! For Christmas his uncle Mike, a Sacramento County Sheriff, gave Myles a battery-powered State Police Motorcycle. Christmas morning we placed it out of the way a bit and wanted to wait and see how long it took Myles to find it. Since under the tree was a vintage red kitchen for Myles that "Santa" had brought along with many other gifts, it took Myles awhile to wander towards grandma & grandpa's tv where the motorcycle had been placed. But boy oh boy, when he saw the bike he turned and looked at me with this cute little smile that seemed to say, "Is that really what I think it is and is it for me???".

Once confirmed that it was for him, Myles climbed right on. We showed him how to push on the yellow pedal to make it go and as soon as he moved his first couple of feet my safety conscious boy jumped up with a frown and said, "I need a helmet!". It was hilarious!


It took a little getting used to and a trip to find a suitable McQueen helmet, but this week we visited grandma and grandpa's and Myles LOVES riding his motorcycle! I just can't get over how good he is at steering already. He had fun doing figure eights around grandma and Emily on the floor and the dining table (once papa moved all of the chairs). My key and car obsessed boy finally has a chance to DRIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment