Monday, March 1, 2010

Not Me! Monday



This blog carnival was started by MckMama and you can go here to read what she and everyone else have NOT been doing this last week.  On our Sunshine homefront, here is what I confess I have NOT been doing the last few days.

 - I did not find my new extra Canon camera battery in the side door of the refrigerator, who knows how long it has been there and I do not suspect it must have been my almost 2 year old daughter who likes to get into EVERYTHING of this crime.

 - While listening to my son saying the longest, sweetest prayer before dinner, Daddy and I did not try very hard to contain our laughter at his mannerisms and chosen words.  After the prayer while we were eating, I was not mid-sip with my water when McGee did something else hilarious and I most definitely did not spit my water out all over Daddy and the table as I busted up laughing.  There were no flashbacks to this same scenario with fruit punch during snack in Girl Scouts eons ago, nor an incident with spitting milk on my friend Liesl when we were about 10.  Uh-uh, I am not that girl who spits her drink out on people when she laughs!

 - After going out to each with some super cool, chic friends, I did not come home to find food all over the shoulder of my shirt.  This was not done all by myself since the kids were not even there.  When I asked Daddy why he didn't tell me I had food all over my shirt he did not say, "Well I thought about saying something, but figured you knew."  Ummmm, no!  If I'd known I had food all over my shirt I would have tried to wash it out, or cover it up by putting my jacket on at least!

 - While trying to both clean up the kitchen and start a load of laundry, I did not absentmindedly toss an empty Jello pudding box in the washing machine instead of the recycle bin next to it.  It wasn't until I was closing the door of the washing machine to start it up that I didn't notice it and pull it out before it made a wet mess in my machine.

 - I did not set of my tripod and take pictures of my son when I discovered him asleep in the chair next to his bed.  No, I am definitely not the type of mom who takes pictures to remember moments and then also subsequently blog about them.


 - Furthermore, there is no way I snuck back in again later and took more pictures before moving him back into his bed.


 - In a rush to get something open, I did not cut my finger with scissors because I wasn't paying attention to safety.  Cutting yourself with scissors is something they cover in pre-school isn't it?

I'm sure there were many more, but I think I've confessed enough for one day.  Take care and have a blessed week!

3 comments:

  1. Those are hilarious! We always crack up (silently of course) at skylars prayers. They are sweet and hilarious all at the same time!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! It makes me not feel so bad. I would definatly NOT take pictures of my boys doing things like this either! Aren't they just precious when they are asleep! Good to know you Don't spit your drinks when you are going to laugh! I will log this into my memory! haha! Thanks for all your hard work on here! ~Raeane =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to make you feel better Raeane - it always makes me feel a little better to have some readers (and friends) who understand. :)

    ReplyDelete